Linky Party

  Today Jenna at Fancy in First posted about ten things she has learned as a first year teacher. I loved reading it and thought what a great thing to share about!

Ten Things I've Learned from Teaching

1. Homemade gifts, cards, and jewelry are my favorites. I'm pretty sure I'll always have my noodle necklaces and clay thumb pots.

2. I can justify almost any expense if it's something for my classroom.

3. My addiction to shopping for new picture books is going to make me bankrupt!

4. Your favorite baby name can be ruined by one child you've had in class.

5. Teachers are the MOST fun to hang out with! And man can we throw down some margaritas!

6. Tattling is contagious, and if we all had a dollar for every time we heard someone tattle we'd be as rich as Oprah.

7. Cute clip art can make even the most boring subject seem just a little bit better.

8. Every year I LOVE my kids with all my heart- even the one who drives me crazy.

9. The kid who drives you the most crazy is NEVER sick! EVER!

10. I will never love recess duty....it gives me recess hair.

Now tell me ten things you've learned!

16 comments:

  1. Oh what a great Linky Party and boy do I agree with some of yours.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are so true! I was wondering where my new blog followers had come from :)

    Jenna
    fancyinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked up. :) I'm looking forward to what others have learned. I did copy 2 of the ones you posted because they are so TRUE. Hope you don't mind.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just found your blog through Ms. M. Cute idea. I will be linking up!
    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I just found your blog so I linked to mine (I'm number 8) I had a hard time figuring out how to link your button on my post but I did link back to your site. Hope that is ok. I'm kinda new at blogging, too. Thanks for letting me post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I definitely justify all of my classroom expenses and am obsessed with cute clip art! And O.M.G. recess dutyyyyyy is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these linky parties! Not only do I get to learn new things, but I also get to discover blogs that I am now following! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Especially #5! My best teacher friend and I don't even use full texts on Friday afternoons anymore. "Margs?" "Duh" "See you at 4." :) Great idea...I'll be joining later!!

    http://LittleMissGlamourGoesToKindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog! :)

    I am SOOOO on board with the one kid ruining your favorite baby name! Eek!!

    And I'm glad my teacher buddies aren't the only margarita lovers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you margarita girls! This was an especially long week coming back after spring break....margaritas were had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard to pick just 10! It's funny how some are so familiar! I'm new to blogging and I really wanted to do your Linky Party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm your newest follower. What a great idea! Funny, I agree with many of your ideas on your list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer...I love your top 10. I love blogging because I can find fellow teachers with the same passion:) I am a new follower of your blog and would love it if you would follow mine. wwwschroederpage@blogspot.com
    You can also check out my website at www.theschroederpage.com
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Monica! I'm headed over to your blog right now!
    http://rowdyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops! I guess I shouldn't link up until my post is actually posted! Good now...this was so fun!! :)

    http://LittleMissGlamourGoesToKindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your site looks great. I hope that I can get to a point where I have as much good information to share.

    ReplyDelete