Dropbox

 I posted about Dropbox last spring, but I just have to write about it again! I used to haul my flash drives back and forth from home to school. Then the darn thing would fill up and I'd have to buy another one.  Then my husband told me about Dropbox. It's basically a cloud that holds all of your files--- and it's FREE!   You get a certain amount of space free---- believe me, I have a TON of files in my Dropbox and I'm nowhere near filling it! I downloaded it at home and I pull or save my files into Dropbox. I downloaded it at school too and now I can access all of my files and games for my first graders without having to bring flash drives everywhere. I had to ask permission from my Technology Department to download it, but they didn't hesitate to say yes. I've also downloaded my wedding photos into Dropbox. They have a share feature so I was able to share my pics with my whole family without attaching each individual picture. This may be a great solution for you! Click the logo to download!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, I just downloaded it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it different from google docs? I find this a great way to store 'stuff' I need on more than one computer...the only glitch I've found with google docs, is that it only saves pdf files best when I use graphics and special fonts.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Google Docs too...@Pat - I have the same gliches...but yes, going back and forth with all my flashdrives was driving me crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Pat-It's different from Google Docs because you don't have to sign in and it accepts all kinds of files. I haven't come across a problem with it yet! I of course have things in Google Docs, but only the stuff I have saved is in Dropbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of my creations in one spot and blog 'treasures' on another. I did sign up for dropbox...but I'm waiting for icloud to sync my calendars, photos, movies, & podcasts.

    Thanks,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete