Saturday, November 3, 2012

Currently and other happenings

Wow! I didn't blog all week. I feel terrible! But Halloween mid-week is just ridiculous! Seriously- whose brilliant idea was that?! I vote Halloween be the last Saturday in October. The first grade also had their music program THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN! {Why music teacher, why?!} We practiced every morning for an hour during our math time. Then I tried to play catch up and squeeze math and reading and writing all into the same block. It was nuts and we were exhausted! If I was a squirrel this would be me....but maybe I would be collapsed on a glass of wine!


Anyhoo it's time for another Currently! Woohoo! Before we know it it will be time to wrap Christmas gifts! YIKES


Ok- if you haven't heard of Groopdealz or VeryJane then you have to check them out. Both are sites with INCREDIBLE deals. Like super cute jewelry 55% off or 67% off, or cute picture frames, scarves, etc. I admit it- I've gone a little shop-crazy and I've bought so many items this week. But I'm getting my Christmas shopping done people....that's what I keep telling myself!

14 comments:

  1. I totally agree about Halloween! I have said that Nov. 1 should be a mandatory school holiday!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day after Halloween was extremely low key ... thankfully. I had 11 children out of my classroom in the afternoon for various reasons. It was a great time to assign independent work (aka free exploration) and clean up the classroom.

    I can't say I'd like Halloween on a Saturday night with church on Sunday morning. I'd probably prefer it more on a Friday night. But I agree, during a school week is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shopping tips! This time of year always makes me want to shop. :) I'm cracking up that your performance was the day after Thanksgiving. Either that was excellent due to candy craze - or insane because they were moody and half asleep. How did it go?!

    Have a great weekend!!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groopdealzowes u big time. I have 130.00 in my cart right now. I'm so excited. I have found gifts for my principal, cleaning lady, etc... Thanks for the info. Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing those two sites! I'm already filling up my cart...ahhhhhhh...lol

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also think Halloween should be on a specific day, Friday or Saturday. I think I'm leaning toward Friday so we could have 2 rest days afterwards!
    I also think more money would be wonderful!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love groupdealz but new to the other. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to ckeck out groupdealz and VeryJane. Thanks for the info!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can I find blank "Currently" posts to use with my students?

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farley has a set at her TPT store!
      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Currently-for-Your-Classroom

      Delete
  11. I love your idea about Halloween. I vote YES! Update your resume for another teaching job or to be a shopping consultant? Doesn't that sound fun!?!?!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in your same boat...so I literally LOLed when I read about your music concert. Seriously?!?! And I know all trying to fit things in. I'm doing an "extra" election unit and I'm trying to make it work with the LA and Math that I currently have to teach. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...