Synonyms

This week we are working on synonyms. I created a set of task cards for synonyms too! My first graders are loving these!

We'll start with a couple of books if I can get my hands on them! Both are out of stock at my local B&N. Waaa!



We'll be making this anchor chart! (click the pic to go to the original link) We may change up some of the words. I had a hard time turning 32 this year so I'm not really liking the old and ancient pairing! HA!


We'll be making those cute synonym rolls that I saw on Pinterest. The fab fab Cara at The First Grade Parade made chef hats for her kiddos last year and has a cute recording sheet freebie. Click here to see her cute synonym ideas! 

I'll send a copy of my Synonym Task Cards to the first five people to leave a comment! Leave your email address!

14 comments:

  1. I would love to have the synonym cards. My email is pig5010@msn.com
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have these, Jennifer. Thanks for being awesome.
    sydcohn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have these synonym cards. Thank you for sharing. My email is
    luyoung@roadrunnercom
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to teach synonyms!
    Jennifer
    loularkin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas!!!! Thank you! cbwirfs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use both those books to teach a lot of grammar concepts! I can really say they are excellent books written at a child's level. Great idea!

    Christen
    christenfoote@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am too later but I love your blog and all the things that you share!!
    Barbara
    bellba@mygrande.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man - I'm always just a little too late. I love your blog and this resource looks great!

    Shelly
    projectqn@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the 'If You Were a..." books. So fun! Great chart, too. Another synonym for old is 'seasoned' - That makes it sounds a little better for us gals in our 30s... ;)


    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, I am up late tonight, blog-hopping/stalking/TPTing, and I am stumped at how you gracefully put together these wonderful units so fast! You make it look so easy! How long does a unit like this one take (from start to finish)? If I may be so forward to ask?
    Julie

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie- I'll be honest- it takes me awhile. Some nights I'm up until midnight working on things. But this year is so tough and miserable that creating things for my classroom is the only way I'm making it through! My house is a mess and I have cooked ONE decent meal in the last month!

      Rowdy in First Grade

      Delete
  11. I also wish I could click on your FOLLOW button 2 more times because then I could be the first to wish you a happy 1,000 followers!
    Click,
    Click,
    HOORAY!
    Congrats to you!!!!

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited! I keep holding my breath and checking to see if I have any new followers!
      Rowdy in First Grade

      Delete