Saturday, December 1, 2012

Decembers Currently

I'm so excited about it being December! I love everything Christmas and so does my husband. Over Thanksgiving we bought more Christmas decorations including more glass ornaments from Avalon Glassworks. They are in Seattle and have an annual ornament. Every year we buy the annual ornament to add to our tree. We also have a few snowmen. I love them! And I love Farley's Currently par-tay!


If you haven't ever watched Scrooged you are totally missing out! It's a modern version of a Christmas Carol. Well...it's 24 years old, but it still works. (Except for the cell phone that Bill Murray has. It's attached to a battery pack that you carried around like a briefcase. I asked my husband if people actually used those and he said yes. WHAT?!)
I can't even imagine carrying that thing around! 



10 comments:

  1. I came over from Farley's blog.I love anything related to A Christmas Carol!! :-) Lauren Teacher Mom of 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another Texas Teacher! I say leave the bags packed- Christmas is just around the corner and you can travel all over again with less prep work. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of year. We buy an ornament each year too. We usually get it at the local mall and have all our names put on it. I can't wait to get this years.

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog & nice to see other texas peeps out there in blog world. I'd love for you to check out my blog as well.

    Take care and have a great week,
    karen
    LittleSecond-GradeSomebodies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck getting unpacked. It's not one of my favorite things to do either. I'm missing a few items, so I think I need to check some of my suitcases! lol

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cellphones were phones and self-defense tools! I absolutely love that movie. I kept it on my DVR for like a year,haha.


    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am tho thad you won't be at the meet-up and YES YES there were phones like that... my dad had one LOL thanks for always linking up <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer,
    That is soo funny. My dad was an engineer and he designed and sold cell phones in the 80's before people had them. He only sold to lawyers, doctors, etc. and they were STINKIN big like that. LOL
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog through the "Currently December" linky! My mom use to have one of those phones in her car when I was in elementary! Oh my! I can't imagine hauling that thing around! I love finding blogs by fellow Texas teachers!

    Marcy
    www.saddleupfor2ndgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer,
    Hope all is well! Don't unpack...just wait and repack for your next trip. :) Hope Santa brings you a new car. Fingers crossed.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...