Our Elf

Last year when I saw all these great posts about how bloggers were using and Elf on the Shelf in their classes I was so JEALOUS. I love all things Christmas and I wanted to participate so badly. But I just knew that if I asked my administrator I would be told no.

This year I started reading more about Elf on the Shelf in the classroom and nearly all of my students have their own elf at home. I was extra super jealous. I decided to email my parents and ask if it would be ok. Guess what?! Everyone was on board! I'm so excited!
***
Our elf showed up while we were at recess. She had her note from Santa rolled up in her arms and the Elf of the Shelf book behind her! Christmas music was blasting and I was of course so annoyed. (Wink wink!) "WHY is Christmas music blasting?"
"Mrs. Tice! We have AN ELF!"
"WOW!"
"Don't touch her! She'll lose her magic!"
"It's a girl! She has earrings!"
"What does her note say?!"


It was great! We voted on her name and it's Rosie. (My favorite choices were Pinky and Glitterbell! I do LOVE me some glitter!)

I'm using a great product for my Elf in the Classroom that you can check out here!

Rosie graffitied our classroom with her name. Here' how my students will find her tomorrow morning:


Seriously, I hope she doesn't fall. I'm so short and was standing on a desk when I did this. I couldn't actually see what I was doing!

PS: If you read my Currently you should know I STILL haven't unpacked. Ugh. I hate unpacking! My poor husband is one of those people that unpacks thirty seconds after we return from a trip. I know it's driving him nuts!

10 comments:

  1. Rosie - love it!!!!! It's all so magical, isn't. I love seeing their excitement and total belief!!!! CUTE!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gread idea to stick Rosie up on the projector?! I will definitely be using that idea for my little elf this year!

    :) Lindsay
    Welcome to Watters' Wharf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute elf names. I love the name Rosie, but my favorite its Glitterbell. That is one I'm going to have to remember!
    ą®Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rude little elf!! Haha, I just wanted to say I have a pink tree in my room, too!!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have followed your blog for a while. I love it And I love your ideas with the elf! Our elf just showed up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower! I am breaking out my elf on Friday!

    Shuna

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! And I unpack immediately too so I can relate with your hubby! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name Glitterbell too but it might be just a tad much for the poor boys in your class. Looking forward to the adventures she'll have.
    ~Christy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rosie looks wonderful and she looks great up there.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. time tracking software Do you ever feel irritated while performing your tasks and worrying about what to do next? If yes, then you probably don’t maintain a to-do list to help you stay ahead on top of things

    ReplyDelete