Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Someone Touched the Elf!

{GASP!}

It's true. A sweetie with special needs was visiting my room and touched the elf. The kids were devastated! We talked a bit about how Santa knows when things are an accident and cannot be helped. I love that first graders are so understanding of others! BUT although they were understanding I still had to tell them that I would email Santa about needing some more magic for our elf.  Did you know Santa makes sure all teachers have his email address? It's true!

Well, I went home in a panic and a sweet blogger friend led me to the Elf Magical Recovery Kit! I used my glitter from Silhouette as my magic dust. When my kiddos came in this morning poor Rosie was still lying on her side with Santa's letter and magic dust next to her. We followed the instructions in the letter and went off to our assembly this morning. When we returned Rosie had moved! It worked!!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! I'm always afraid someone will accidentally touch the elf!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous of all the elf action. I may just have to give it a whirl next year. Thanks goodness for email.

    I loved the snow on your blog!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you were able to recover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thanks so much for the fun idea! I was out one day last week and the first thing I heard when I returned from 20 little first graders was, "THE SUB TOUCHED THE ELF". I gave them a story very similar to yours minus the Elf Recovery Kit, which would have been so much cuter.

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...