Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Currently

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm joining my fabulous friend Farley for January Currently.


I have a confession to make.....I HATE PARADES. {gasp!} I know. My husband loves parades, especially the Thanksgiving parade in NYC. I cannot stand the extra commentary. It's always so cheesy and overdone. Can't we just watch the parade? Not to mention I was a cheerleader in high school and marched in several parades. No, it's not fun. It's awful. 

The weather in Seattle is fantastic! It's 40 something and sunny! Wooohoooo! We might go for a bike ride this morning before we get set to watch football. We love football! I'm sad that it's almost time for basketball to take over the world. Basketball season is like 350 days long. Too long. This week in Seattle is so wonderful! I even drove to Portland yesterday to see some of my peeps. My 92 year old grandfather is in Austin through the 8th and I would love to have more time with him too. 

I still need a new car. My car is possessed. When I'm driving the volume on the radio (that only works when it's cooler than 75 degrees outside) will suddenly go full blast! IT WON'T STOP! It takes me a good five minutes of looking like a crazy person to finally make it stop.  The AC- grrrrrr. 
I'm at 223, 600 miles. 
I am thankful to have a car that runs. I really am. But C'MON!

And my one little word: beginning.

This is the year of new beginnings:
Begin healthy habits again- hubby and I are committed to losing weight, working out regularly again, and eating healthy. We used to be really good at this. Like 20 pounds ago.
Begin looking for a house.
Begin a family!
Begin every day thankful for all we have- especially for each other!

Can't wait to read what y'all wrote!


15 comments:

  1. Are you from Seattle? I've never been, but my sister lived there for 2 years. I never made it out to see her before she moved back home, but I hope to make it out there someday. It looks like a great city. I want to see the part of the city that is underground.

    I wish I could afford a new car! Mine isn't nearly as bad as yours is, but it's getting up there in years (it's a 2001) and starting to have small problems that I know will turn into new problems. I just know I can't afford a $300 a month car payment. :-( I hope you are able to work something out so you can get a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! I totally agree with you on parades! You made me laugh!

    I also LOVE football! Watching a game as we speak! =)

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not alone! There was a couple getting married on a float at the Rose Parade. Am I so snotty in thinking "REALLY?! On a float?!"

      Delete
  3. That's not snotty (The Rose Bowl Wedding!)at all. I love your Currently and your word beginning! My whole family is beginning to be more active and eat healthier:)

    Good luck!
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple
    theresourcefulapple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! I am with you on parades, healthy habits...Mr. Packrat, (hubby) has a worse sweet tootht than I, so that will be a hard one! I love new beginnings, and yours sound so perfect! Happy New Year!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree parades on TV are pretty cheesy, lol!! How exciting with all of your new beginnings, sounds like a great year ahead!

    Hau'oli Makahiki Hou,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read about your new beginnings! Hope it includes a new car. :)
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer - I'm laughing about the for real people comment. SO true...mine is 10 years going on 11 years old. Yep, I would say I need one right about now too. Hope your 2013 is awesome and filled with tons of blessings and maybe even a new car. <3 for both of us...LOL
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with all of your new beginnings :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your car sounds a little like mine! The important things work, but the radio is super wonky and none of those buttons do what they're supposed to do. If I scan "down," it turns the radio off. If I scan "up," the volume goes up and I have to frantically turn it down every couple of clicks.

    Hope you have a great new year!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  10. parades on TV I am ok with but parades in person SCARE ME!!! I get freaked that a horse will go wild or clown will come up to me or a float will run off the road or a giant balloon will pop and land on me... I am a freak I know but yeah not a fan either... thanks for linking up my friend... so jealous you are in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Jennifer!!!
    Loved reading your Currently! I am wishing you all the best for 2013! I have big news so stop on over when you have a few! Have a great weekend!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...