New Classroom Theme

About a month before school was out I was in Michaels looking for some inspiration for a birthday present and saw these glitter scrapbook papers! I about died y'all because really, 
GLITTER MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER! 
And I totally love chevron print!

Black and white chevron and mint green
If you took a peek inside my closet you would see how far my obsession has gone. This past school year I did blue and white chevron with some nautical elements. After seeing these papers (and buying the entire stock of them) I knew this was how I wanted to decorate my classroom next year! Black and white chevron and mint green! HOLLA!

And it just so happened that Schoolgirl Style just released her chevron themed classroom set. You can choose all different colors of chevron. I've just got to start printing my and laminating my items from this set. 


This afternoon I purchased these bins from Container Store:
Large Black Bin
I use a large bin to set my purse and school bag into every morning. It sits beside my bookshelf. 

Small black and white bins
These will be going on my bookshelves in my classroom. Now y'all know the OCD teacher in me is going to need an equal amount of black and white bins. They were all out so I guess I'll have to head back there next week! {DANGEROUS!}

The mint green is so fab isn't it? Growing up the Seafoam Green crayon in the Crayola box was always my favorite. Essie has a polish called First Timer that I've put on my toes for the last five pedicures! 


If only my nail place had shellac in this color! 

I would love to know what your theme is going to be in your room next year! I know my BBFF is having a pirate themed room.....wonder where she got that idea? {wink!}

Join me tomorrow for Chapter 2 of our Teach Like a Pirate book study!



13 comments:

  1. Love those colors! Very classy! Those baskets are just fabulous. Can you order online? We don't have a Containers Store where I live. Can't wait to see how you pull it all together. I'm going to use Dots on Turquoise again and add some sort of other element with it. Birds or owls? Can't decide!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same mint green polish!! I'm in love with the the color! Ironically, I'm currently wearing my mint green jeans right now! Can't wait to see what you do with all that chevron!! I love Schoolgirl Style, but I actually never purchased any of her products yet. Maybe this year I will.

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these colors and your theme. I just got a pedicure today and my toes are now mint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the color theme - if I hadn't already committed, I would be stealing your plan! I love! I also LOVE the baskets! I need to head to the container store and check those out!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    OK so I love everything about this post! LOL The mint green color is fab!!! Also I'm switching up my theme to chevron and owls and I have had so much fun getting it together. I just love Melanie over at Schoolgirl Style. Have fun working on it all. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mint and black/white chevron is like updated retro. You are going to have such fun with that decor!! I am doing black, red, and white with blackboard details (like School Girl Style's Chalkboard Charm theme). I am very pumped as well! Can't wait to see more, Jen!
    SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Word. I NEED to hear more about what you do with this. I may have to go the same route! Two of my favorite things right now, chevron and mint green! And of course the glitter paper?! Yes please!

    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are inspiring me!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought a mint green nail polish not too long ago..it is such a pretty color! Next year I'll be teaching kindergarten and going with a candy theme! I'm so excited..I've already picked up a few things at Hobby Lobby :)

    sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! I love the colors! I too am into the chevron trend. I used Dots on Turquoise this year, but am finding that I am using more black to pull it all together and keep it from looking like a carnival in my room! I can't wait to see how your room turns out!

    Christine

    leapingintoteaching.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I need to head over to Schoolgirl Style and see what I can find! Can't wait to see your room when you are finished!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that exact same Essie colour on my toes right now! Love it! :)

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete