Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Currently

Yes! It's April! (A little closer to summer!) It's time for another Currently hosted by the fabulous Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade! I love that she hosts this link party every month. 


 photo 740b72b5-dbbe-406a-a53e-fe99975c8997_zps0e06eaf3.jpg

Listening: The Big Bang Theory is just so funny! I needed a good laugh!

Loving: My kind parents. Most of the parents in my class are fantastic and supportive. They work with their kiddos at home and say nice things to me like "Thank you for all your hard work." They are also very understanding. Today I sent an email to one parent....only it went to the whole class by mistake. Oh. My. WORD. MORTIFIED. EMBARRASSED. Several sent me an email letting me know and one parent sent me a text. I tried to recall the dang thing but it was too late so I had to send out a "Please delete the last email. It was sent in error." Thank goodness for understanding parents. My principal was also VERY understanding. It was not a great day for me anyway and that just topped it off! But you know what...teachers make mistakes. That's what it was. A mistake. We work really hard to juggle all the things we want to and need to do so mistakes are bound to happen.

Thinking: Winter is Coming! YEAAAAAH BABY! Game of Thrones starts again this Sunday. Did you know there is Game of Thrones beer? I'm getting some for my husband tomorrow to kick off the new season!

Wanting:  A spa day! But who doesn't want that? 

Needing: Y'all- my desk at home is atrocious. Piles of crap. It's driving me crazy, but I'm so tired when I get home I just think "I'll get to it tomorrow."

Hours: 7:30-4:00. We can leave at 3:30 on Fridays. Students can come to our room at 7:35. I wish they didn't come down until 7:45 just so I could have a few minutes to myself. I have a 30 minute drive so most days I'm at school by 7:25. But by the time you park and all it's time for my first graders to come to class. June 6 is our last day. When is yours?

I'll end with a little something funny. I haven't been sleeping very well. I was so tired this morning that I grabbed my lip gloss and almost used it as eye liner! Good grief! Better get to bed early tonight!



7 comments:

  1. Hubby and I love Big Bang Theory! And, I would love a spa day too. That sounds great! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I love the Big Bang Theory! Also finding other first grade blogs!
    Rachel
    www.soiwasthinkingrla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a long day. I love Big Bang too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,

    I'm so sorry about your mishap with the emails... but you are right- teachers make mistakes too. I'm glad the parents in your class were understanding. It's also always nice when they recognize hard work! Um, and I too would love a spa day! :)
    I hope the rest of your week goes well!

    Happy Teaching,
    Cassie
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store
    Follow Me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know..your lipgloss as eyeliner might be starting a new trend! IT"S ALMOST FRIDAY! (Well...almost!)...:) Have a great rest of the week! Wendy 1stgradefireworks 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  6. My desk is the same way! I hate the mess, but it's so easy to put it off when I leave tired.

    Hope you can get some rest.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel any better my whole house is atrocious! Ha! I used to be a neat freak...then I had four children :-)

    I've heard Game of Thrones is awesome, but I'm obsessed with The Walking Dead right now.

    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...