Big News

A few months ago something exciting happened in our family. My husband had an opportunity to take a job in Seattle. Seattle is where we have wanted to settle permanently for a long time, but in our plan it wasn't something we were going to try to make happen for a few more years. Everything happened so quickly. I was still on maternity leave and we did our usual trip to Seattle for New Years and when the baby and I returned to Texas my husband stayed in Seattle and started his new job.

Note the broken heart...
I'm very excited for this next step in our lives, but sad to leave my family here and the community where I have worked for the last 8 years. I work with amazing teachers and it will be strange not working with my school family next year. 

I'm staying here in Texas until the school year is over then I'll we'll officially move mid-June.

If you're a teacher in Seattle I'd love to hear from you! I would love to meet up with some Seattle teachers once we are living there.

Have a great weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Wow what big news! Change is exciting and scary at the same time. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An early welcome to Seattle!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teach first grade in Seattle!! Where are you trying to teach- in the city or outside of Seattle? If you're looking for an inner city school in need of great teachers, let me know!! We always need someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like both an exciting and scary time for your family! I wish you lots of luck.

    I love finding more first grade teachers to follow for great ideas :) Looking forward to your future posts and checking out some of your posts from the past!

    Sammy @ The Rustic Apple

    ReplyDelete